Sunday, September 11, 2011

The One Where I Remember

9/11/2001

I was at North Hennepin College, in history class. I remember walking out the door of class and my friends were there waiting for me. They told me that a plane crashed, and I just brushed past them. I was much more concerned about having a cigarette before my next class. Every tv in every hallway and classroom was on and tuned to the same channel. We watched together, and I realized the enormity of the situation, my cigarette long forgotten. I made phone calls to all of my family, boyfriend and friends. I remember being extremely worried and wondered what it meant, what it would bring, what we would do. I think about that day often. I will never forget.



My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who lost their loved ones that day.

Where were you when our world stopped turning?

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

My entire high school basically stopped that day. Every class I went to was glued to the TVs. I still can't believe its been over 10 years - how does that happen?

P.S. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Sometimes it's hard to not feel alone when there are so many blogs out there about happy, shiny, wonderful marriages.