Saturday, November 2, 2013

The One Where I Contemplate Life and Blogging

So. I haven't blogged in well over a year. I still read a lot of blogs but I just don't feel like I am interesting enough or have much to say. I have seen many blogs go by the wayside in the past two years. It seems like the "fad" is over. There are definitely some that are here to stay. But many do not have the time or the inclination anymore. Many of the blogs that I still follow, I have been reading them for around 7-8 years. That seems like a crazy long time to me. Some of them I may only comment very rarely on, if at all. And most do not come here, to my little (boring) space. Then, when one of them stops blogging, I really do feel like I've lost a friend, even if I never knew them in real life. Does anyone else feel the same? I have seen a resurrection of a few blogs that I really missed. So I guess there's that. I kind of miss the blogging universe, but I really need to figure out what to blog about. I may be back....it might take me a year. Or I might not. We'll have to see where life takes me. How dramatic. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel same way. Who reads my blog? But i blohg it either to vent, possibly help a friend for when a project gets googled, or pfff I just like to gab. I feel blog is for you, write what you want people read or not. I obviously wish they would read it. When you blog, share link on Facebook or twitter. That way people know you have a new one. Come on Jess exposé yourself to us!!!! :D. I like your blog, but only do it if you want. I also lab about my weightloss sometimes. Soooo many crazy topics if you like to write. Do book review on a book or something if you just like to do it, I know you love to read. Luv ya girl. If you like it don't give it up, if its passed I understand

Cathy B said...

Blogging lost its niche for me. Started to feel more like a second job to visit everyone and comment on everyone's page.